6 YARD SKIP HIRE
6 yard skip is a good size for medium-sized waste disposal projects. It can hold up to 70-80 black bags of rubbish, or the equivalent of 5 tonnes of waste. This makes it ideal for tasks such as clearing out a garage, garden waste removal, or small DIY projects. 6 yard skips are typically delivered within 24 hours of booking, and the hire period is usually 14 days. However, some companies may offer longer hire periods if required. It is also important to make sure that the skip is placed in a safe and accessible location. The skip should not be placed on public land or blocking access to roads or footpaths.
6 YARD SKIP HIRE DIMENSIONS
The dimensions of a 6 yard skip vary slightly depending on the supplier, but they typically measure:
- Length: 10 feet (3 meters)
- Width: 5 feet (1.5 meters)
- Height: 4 feet (1.2 meters)
It has a volume of 6 cubic yards (4.6 cubic meters). It can hold up to 70-80 black bags of rubbish, or the equivalent of 5 tonnes of waste. It is important to note that these are just standard dimensions, and some suppliers may offer skips with different dimensions. If you have any specific requirements, it is always best to check with the supplier before booking.
6 YARD SKIP HIRE PRICES
The price of a 6 yard skip hire varies depending on the location, the type of waste being disposed of, and the length of the hire period. However, you can expect to pay around £180-£300 for a standard 14-day hire.
Here are some factors that can affect the price of a 6 yard skip hire:
- Location: The price of a skip hire will be higher in urban areas than in rural areas.
- Type of waste: The price of a skip hire will be higher for hazardous waste than for non-hazardous waste.
- Length of hire period: The price of a skip hire will be lower for a longer hire period.
- Delivery and collection fees: Some companies charge additional fees for delivery and collection of the skip.
It is important to get quotes from different companies before making a booking. This will help you to compare prices and find the best deal.
Get a quote from a reputable skip hire company today and have your skip delivered within 24 hours!
6 YARD SKIPS BENEFITS
Here are some of the benefits of hiring a 6 yard skip:
- Convenience: A 6 yard skip is a convenient way to dispose of waste. You don’t have to worry about transporting the waste to a waste disposal facility, as the skip will be delivered to your location and collected when you’re finished.
- Affordability: 6 yard skips are a relatively affordable option for waste disposal. The cost of hiring a 6 yard skip will vary depending on the location, the type of waste being disposed of, and the length of the hire period. However, you can expect to pay around £180-£300 for a standard 14-day hire.
- Flexibility: 6 yard skips are flexible. You can hire a skip for as long as you need it, so you don’t have to worry about overloading the skip or having to pay for a longer hire period than you need.
- Efficiency: 6 yard skips are efficient. They can be loaded and unloaded quickly and easily, so you can dispose of your waste quickly and get on with your day.
- Environmentally friendly: 6 yard skips are environmentally friendly. The waste is disposed of responsibly, and the skip hire company will recycle as much of the waste as possible.
6 YARD SKIPS ACCEPTIBLE & NON ACCEPTIBLE WASTE
Here are some of the acceptable and non-acceptable waste for a 6 yard skip:
- General waste: This includes household waste such as furniture, carpets, appliances, and other bulky items.
- Garden waste: This includes leaves, grass cuttings, and other garden debris.
- Construction waste: This includes bricks, rubble, and other construction materials.
- Wood waste: This includes old pallets, fencing, and other wooden materials.
- Metal waste: This includes scrap metal, old appliances, and other metal items.
- Hazardous waste: This includes paint, batteries, and other hazardous materials.
- Liquid waste: This includes oil, petrol, and other liquids.
- Asbestos: This is a dangerous material that must be disposed of by a specialist.
- Tyres: Tyres must be disposed of at a designated tyre recycling centre.
- Food waste: Food waste can be composted or taken to a food waste recycling facility.
HIRING PROCESS OF 6 YARD SKIP
The hiring process of a 6 yard skip is relatively simple and can be completed in a few steps. Here are the steps involved:
- Get quotes: Get quotes from us to compare prices and services.
- Choose a skip size: Choose a skip size that is appropriate for the amount of waste you need to dispose of. A 6 yard skip is a good size for medium-sized waste disposal projects.
- Choose a delivery date and time: Choose a delivery date and time that is convenient for you. The skip hire company will usually deliver the skip within 24 hours of your booking.
- Pay the deposit: Pay the deposit to us. The deposit is usually 25% of the total cost of the hire.
- Load the skip: Load the skip with your waste. Make sure to sort your waste and pack it tightly to maximize the space in the skip.
- Call the skip hire company when the skip is full: Call us when the skip is full. We will come and collect the skip and dispose of the waste.